Client Code of Conduct Policy
Our staff are here to help care for your beloved pets 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For us to do this we ask that we are treated with courtesy and respect. We understand that a visit to the vets can be stressful and the pandemic has added to daily anxieties and frustrations.
Please try and remain calm and for what ever reason avoid:
- Threats or threatening behaviour.
- Offensive or inappropriate language.
- Derogatory racial or sexist remarks.
- Loud or intrusive conversation.
If you show any of the above behaviours our staff may ask you to leave the premises. In exceptional circumstances we may insist the treatment of your pet is provided elsewhere.
You are entirely responsible and liable for all of your activities, conduct etc. on and at New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. internet services. You will not post on, from or through the service, or transmit to other users of the service, any material that infringes or violates another party’s intellectual property rights (including another party’s copyrights, trademark rights or trade secret rights) or rights of privacy, publicity or personality.
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. reserves the right without obligation or responsibility, to monitor the materials posted on the New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. web site and pages. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. reserves the right to remove or modify any such material that at, New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. sole discretion, violates, or may violate, any third party right, applicable law or this agreement. You remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post in any area of the service and your private eMail messages should such services be available to you. Users are responsible for all content submitted to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. and will be held legally accountable when necessary. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. reserve the right to make amendments or modifications to any material posted, incorporated into other documents or records as fits New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. new-priory.com (and associated domain names and software) requirements.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Copy any software or content provided to you by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd.
- Translate any software or content provided to you by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd.
- Merge any software or content provided to you by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. with another program or modify any software or content provided to you by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd.
- Reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile, or make any attempt to discover the source code underlying the services offered by or in connection with New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. internet services.
Right to Refuse Service
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. website reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- No profanity, or harassment
- No hate or racist propaganda
- No illegal activity under any law
- No nudity or pornographic material
- No material that violates or infringes third party rights.
- Any material which New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. deems inappropriate, at its sole discretion.
- If your use contains any of the above material, you may not use New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd..
If you think material you use may be questionable contact New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. in writing for a review before using the service.
You understand that information available to you from third parties through the service may include materials that are unedited or offensive to you and that your access to such materials is at your own risk. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. and its affiliates hereby disclaim any responsibility for or control over such materials. In addition, New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. and its affiliates disclaim any responsibility for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose in connection with the use of this service.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express card. Payments are GBP (Great British Pounds) only. Once this transaction is complete, you will then return to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd website. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account immediately by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd via STRIPE our 3rd payment provider. You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the credit/debit card to use it. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We take reasonable care to make our Site secure. All credit/debit card transactions on this site are processed using a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple, and secure, New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Furthermore, we take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
Third Party Service/Products
We urge you to verify the validity of third party services or products sourced at New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. or partners and affiliates including advice offered in chat-rooms, via email or posted directly to any web pages etc. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. accepts no liability for the conduct of third parties or for losses incurred from contact with such third parties.
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. reserves the right to modify or discontinue the service, or any portion of the service, with or without notice to you, and shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any consequences arising from such modification or discontinuation.
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. retains ownership and all rights to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. and New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. name, logo’s, software, media products such as databases, reports, web site, downloaded material and all information.
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to respect those rights as well. You should not breach existing or claimed property rights when using New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. You should not copy & paste or re-key printed material elements of copywritten material for publication at New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. use promotional material such as packaging/record/DVD or other video sleeve art etc. in a ‘fair usage’ context, respective copyrights apply.
Either you or New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. may cancel your use and access to the service at any time for any reason, or for no reason. You may cancel your use by stopping the use of the service and it’s web pages. All original material added to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. listings become the property of New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. Donations and offerings made to the New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. internet services are the property of New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd.
You agree and understand that you are using the service and this web site at your own risk. The service and this web site are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. makes no warranties with respect to the service, either express or implied, and New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. hereby disclaims to the fullest amount allowed by law, any warranties of satisfactory quality, quiet enjoyment, merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. You acknowledge and agree:
- That the service may contain bugs, defects and errors.
- That the service may be unavailable or inaccessible to you for substantial periods of time.
- That lost or corrupted data, including online and on your own computer is not the responsibility of New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd.
- You agree to back-up onto your own system, if possible, any data or information you do not want to lose. No oral advice or written information given by New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd., its employees, affiliates, or the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including negligence, will New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd., or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, reliance, special, exemplary or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service or this web site. This includes but is not limited to reliance on any information obtained via the service, or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or eMails, loss of or damage to data, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, or in transmission, or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. records, programs or services, lost profits or goodwill.
You hereby acknowledge that the foregoing limitation applies to you regardless of the theory of liability (including breach of contract, negligence and strict liability) that this provision will apply whether or not New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. is given notice of the possibility of such damages, and that this provision will apply to all content, merchandise or services available through the service, or from New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. or its affiliates. In addition, New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. disclaims all liability regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other users (including unauthorised users, or “Hackers” of the service. New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. is not responsible for the procurement of substitute goods or services.
Upon New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd. request, you shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd., its affiliated companies, employees, agents and licensees, from any claims, losses, damages, expenses, and fees including without limitation reasonable solicitors fees, arising out of or relating to: Your use of and enrolment in the service, including without limitation any violation of this agreement.
New Priory Vets Brighton Ltd (“We”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the data controller is Independent Vetcare Ltd of The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2AU.
Information categories we may use
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name
- your address
- your e-mail address
- your phone number
- your financial information, including bank details and insurance information
- your personal description
- your photograph
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.newprioryvets.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, face to face in a practice or surgery, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you engage us to provide the services described in our Terms and Conditions, register to use our website, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. Your information will be stored and processed in the UK.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office.
- Information about the browser (type, version, screen size, etc.), basic information about the user (IP address, language, time zone) and data containing mouse movements, clicks, scroll events and keystrokes are sent to Mouseflow. No personal data is sent, and no data is ever shared between websites. The script does not use third-party cookies. No data is shared with third parties, except for highly summarised data gathered across all Mouseflow accounts, e.g. usage share of browsers, average screen size, etc. Keystrokes from password fields and fields marked as “sensitive” are never recorded or sent over the network. You can opt out of Mouseflow by clicking here.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- your name
- your address
- your e-mail address
- your phone number
- your financial information, including bank details and insurance information
- your photograph
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive information about you when your pet is referred to us from another practice.
How we use your personal information
We process your data to provide the services and products defined in our Terms and Conditions. Our legal basis for processing this data falls into one of the following categories:
- To enable us to form a contract with you to provide services
- To serve our legitimate business interests – such as processing a payment or sending you a vaccine reminder
- Where we have your consent – such as for marketing (see the GDPR specific details below)
We may share the information about you defined above with certain categories of third parties, to enable us to provide the products and services defined in our Terms and Conditions. These include:
- payment processors such as Stripe, who will retain your data only for the time it takes to process the payment
- other IVC companies
- communications partners such as Virtual Recall who help us communicate with you
- insurance and health plan providers
- indemnity providers (Veterinary Defence Service)
- other professional and legal advisors
- debt recovery agencies
- referrals to other vets or specialist clinics and labs or other providers who support us in providing veterinary services to your pet
Where we share your information with third parties, we ensure they only receive the information they need to fulfil their services to us. We have data processing agreements in place which define how they use your data, how to protect it and what to do when our relationship with them is terminated.
We will retain information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business interest to do so. After this your information will be securely destroyed where possible or at least anonymised where destruction is technically impossible.
Securing your information
We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure, and we use a range of technical and organisational measures to achieve this. We only allow access to your information to those who have a legitimate business need to do so, and under strict confidentiality. We have processes in place to deal with potential breaches to information security, and these include communication to you and our regulators where we are legally required to do so.
Under the GDPR you have the following rights over your information:
- To fair processing by us of your information – we have to be clear and transparent about what we do with your information.
- To access, correct, update, or request that we stop processing or delete your information. To exercise these rights please contact us via your practice.
- To opt out of marketing communication – please see the GDPR details below on how to do this and the categories of communication we use.
- To withdraw your consent for processing where we rely on your consent to process your information.
- To complain about our collection and processing of your information – you can do this via the ICO at the following link www.ico.org.uk/concerns
You have the right to demand access to your personal data
You have the right to demand confirmation that we process your data, to receive a copy of your data, and you any other information about how and why we process your data.
You have the right to demand that your personal data is corrected
You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
You have the right to demand that we delete your personal data
In some circumstances, you have the right to demand that we delete your personal data unless there is a reason for us to continue processing it.
This right applies if we have no further use for your data, if you rescind your consent for processing particular categories of your data, or if you oppose the manner in which we process your data.
You have the right to demand that we limit the processing of your data
You have the right to demand that we limit processing of personal data we hold about you.
This right applies when:
- You think the data is incorrect;
- The processing is illicit but you prefer us to cease processing rather than delete your data
- When we no longer need to use your personal data for the purpose for which it was collected, but it is still required for the fulfilment, exercise or defence of rights in court or for legal purposes
- You want to check that our legal basis for processing the data does not impact your rights.
You have the right to oppose our processing of your data
You have the right to oppose our processing of your personal data if our legitimate interests impose on your rights and freedoms in law.
Additionally, you have the absolute legal right to oppose our processing of your data if we are doing it for the purposes of direct marketing.
You have a right to rescind your consent
Where we process your personal data with consent as our legal basis for processing, e.g. for direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. We provide opt-out instructions in our communications.
If you contact us to exercise any of these rights we may ask for information about you to positively identify you and verify your request is valid.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT GDPR Legislation Changes
With new GDPR regulation coming into force from 25th May 2018 we need to ensure you are happy in the way in which we communicate with you. We now have 7 different categories* that form the basis of our client communications so we can be very specific in what we do and don’t send you.
Legitimate Business Interests
- Vaccine Reminders
- Parasite Treatment Reminders
- Appointment Reminders
- Health Check Reminders
- Reviews and Surveys
We deem these categories as ‘legitimate business interests’. This means we think they are critical for us to provide you and your pet the best possible healthcare service.
- Practice/Pet Care Advice
- Offers and Promotions
These ‘marketing categories’ keep you and your pet up to date with offers and promotions relating to your pet and the practice.
For each of the above you can choose to be contacted by text/SMS, email or letter (or a combination of all three) or not contacted at all.
How do I review and change my communications preferences?
To review your communications preferences please contact the practice reception team (either in person or over the phone) and they will update them immediately. If at any point you change your mind in the future, we can change them again as required.
*Categories are based on our main group Practice Management provider (Vetspace) and may vary at your individual practice. Check with reception for details.