With a reputation of clinical excellence and a happy, dedicated team, New Priory Vets is the vets of choice for those wishing for a compassionate and fulfilling career path in a thriving independent practice.
Receptionist - Part time (Average 15 hours per week)
We believe in offering the best possible care for our patients and the highest level of service for our clients. If this is how you like to work, New Priory Vets is the place for you.
Our family-feel is hugely important to us and it is paramount that anyone joining the team fits in well. If you are friendly, positive, and supportive of your colleagues then you will fit in perfectly.
We would love to talk with you if you:
- Can demonstrate excellent communication skills, both with clients and colleagues.
- Consider yourself to have strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Can demonstrate your ability to work as an individual as well as a team member
- Share our ethos of providing excellent client service and compassionate care
- Have a passion for animals and giving them the best possible care
Working within our reception team requires some early starts , later finishes, weekend shifts and Bank Holidays.
For our full time position, you’ll mainly be working at our brand new site in Peacehaven, as well sometimes working at our small animal hospital in beautiful Brighton.
For our part time position, you’ll mainly be working across our small animal hospital in beautiful Brighton, as well our brand new branch in Peacehaven.
So, if you’d like to apply, please send your C.V. to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and if we’ll be in touch if we’d like to take your application further.
ECC/Referral Veterinary Nurse Full Time (12 month Maternity Cover)
Excited by emergency work but put off by the prospect of long night shifts and an unsustainable working pattern? Keen to combine a mixture of day and night work? We have the answer! This position would require OOH shifts (a mixture of 4pm-1am, 12am-9am and 6pm-12am), as well as every Tuesday and Wednesday (8am-6 pm) daytime shifts in a referral setting. With 2 in 5 weekends and an average of 36.3h per week, our nurses enjoy an excellent work-life balance. Add to that the other benefits we can provide, and we think this is a pretty unique opportunity:
- RCVS accredited independent practice with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors.
- Basic salary of £25-30k dependent on experience and further qualifications (this takes into account that half of the role is for OOH work).
- £750 CPD allowance plus 15h paid per year to complete CPD.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid.
- 6 weeks’ holiday per year.
- A policy of not transferring inpatients back and forth to Member Practices – they stay with us until they’re ready to be treated as outpatients.
- High clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this.
- Interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets.
- Support overnight from a fantastic team of night vets, all experienced in ECC, and ANAs.
- On-site referrals in cardiorespiratory medicine and imaging, with visiting specialists in other disciplines.
- Exposure to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy and extensive in-house blood machines.
- Other benefits include discount for staff pets, on-site free parking, and contributary pension scheme.
The role will involve triaging and assisting the vet with new emergencies as well as providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases. We are looking for a nurse who is enthusiastic about emergency and critical care nursing and ideally has some experience in this field (although not necessarily in a sole-charge or out-of-hours capacity). They will have a desire to achieve high clinical standards, and work within evidence-based medicine where possible. Due to the sometimes stressful and fast-paced nature of emergency work, they must have excellent communication skills. Most of all they should have a team-mentality as we are a close-knit friendly practice. We would consider both full time and part time applicants.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a hospital environment, please contact Chloe, our Head P.E.T.S. Nurse on firstname.lastname@example.org.